2017 was a year to remember
2017 was a year to remember:
- We provided services for 1,335 individuals and their families (up 2% from 2016)
- Construction plans and fundraising for a year-round, $2.5 million exercise and classroom facility at Camp Baker was announced
- Our financial position is very healthy, with a strong cash position and manageable debt.
Recognized and admired for our efficiency and effectiveness
We are an unusual not-for-profit in that historically, about 95% of our annual revenue is earned income, primarily from our Employment Services division:
- 200+ employees with some type of disability make up our 400+ person workforce and are contributing to the bottom line.
- Every day, we clean over a 1.4 million square feet of office and warehouse space; perform grounds maintenance services for over 680 acres at federal and commercial facilities across Virginia.
- We manage a 9-1-1 center on a federal installation
- We manage the Visitor Center on Defense Logistics Agency – Richmond that serviced over 21,000 customers and received the Defense Logistics Agency RAPIDS/DEERS Excellence Site Award in 2015 and again in 2017.
- We also assembled, packed and shipped over 89,000 bundles of Plow & Hearth’s Fatwood, an all-natural fire starter, across the U.S.
We do a pretty good job of sustaining ourselves. However, we still need help. Investments in our organization- through financial contributions, donations of time and expertise, or introduction to new business opportunities- are required for us to build on our success. These investments allow us to:
- Sustain programs that are critically needed, but cannot survive without additional financial support.
- Build the quality of our programs to be best-in-class in every way.
- Offer opportunities to more individuals with disabilities than ever before.
90% of All Funds Go Towards Programs
Our unique approach to empowering individuals with disabilities through employment, services and training is helping us change lives across Virginia. With your help, and that of our many employees, donors, volunteers, government and corporate partners, more than $13 million was invested in programs for individuals with disabilities
Our impact is measured in millions - millions of dollars, dreams and opportunities. We invite you to read through our annual reports and financial statements to get a full understanding of the scope of our reach and results. Together, we can continue to break down the barriers and help thousands embark on the road to independence and fulfilling their potential.