2016 was a year to remember
2016 was a year to remember:
- We provided services for 1,304 individuals and their families (up 2% from 2015)
- We developed a Vision for the future and a Strategic Plan to make our Vision come true
- We invested in staff, compliance and technology on our road toward Best in Class services
- At year-end, we employed 396 people; 241 had some form of disability
Recognized and admired for our efficiency and effectiveness
We are an unusual not-for-profit in that historically, about 95% of our annual revenue is earned income, primarily from our Employment Services division:
- 200 employees with some type of disability make up our 400-person workforce and are contributing to the bottom line.
- Every day, we clean over a million square feet of office and warehouse space and manage over 600 acres of landscaped grounds at facilities across Virginia
- In 2016, we assembled, packed and shipped over 620,000 electronic components for a northern Virginia home security system manufacturer
- We also assembled, packed and shipped over 89,000 bundles of Plow & Hearth’s Fatwood, an all-natural fire starter, across the U.S.
We do a pretty good job of sustaining ourselves. However, we still need help. Investments in our organization- through financial contributions, donations of time and expertise, or introduction to new business opportunities- are required for us to build on our success. These investments allow us to:
- Sustain programs that are critically needed, but cannot survive without additional financial support.
- Build the quality of our programs to be best-in-class in every way.
- Offer opportunities to more individuals with disabilities than ever before.
91% of All Funds Go Towards Programs
Our unique approach to empowering individuals with disabilities through employment, services and training is helping us change lives across Virginia. With your help, and that of our many employees, donors, volunteers, government and corporate partners, more than $13 million was invested in programs for individuals with disabilities
Our impact is measured in millions - millions of dollars, dreams and opportunities. We invite you to read through our annual reports and financial statements to get a full understanding of the scope of our reach and results. Together, we can continue to break down the barriers and help thousands embark on the road to independence and fulfilling their potential.